Friday, March 21, 2008

Narcisim in Full Bloom

Time's quote of the day informs me Sarah Jessica Parker was named "Un-Sexiest Woman Alive" by Maxim. They also tell me her response was:
"It's so brutal in a way. So filled with rage and anger."

...Huh?

I don't agree with Maxim, either their evaluation or their running of such a piece in the first place. Actually, I think we'd all be better off if Maxim vanished from the face and memory of the world.

But really, Sarah? The simple fact that not everyone in the English speaking world is ga-ga over your show or you qualifies as brutality?

Gee whiz. All this time I thought the ladies of SATC were supposed to be role models for independent young women. Here's the message I'm getting: sleep with everyone you please, and be so dependent on the approval of others that a poll in an adolescent men's magazine throws you and your husband into a frenzy of self doubt.

This is why the world needs Jesus: he saves us from even worrying about this kind of crap.

No comments: