Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Kinda Pumped (plus a tangent)

...to be going HOME to see these people:





...and assorted other family persons of whom I sadly don't seem to have pictures. I would be bummed, except I'll see them in roughly 16 hours and 58 minutes and can take lots of pictures of them.

I'm also, like, way totally uber excited to eat my Mama's cooking. Like... man. Our vice principal is from about 50 miles east of Lake Charles, and I mentioned to her today I like hearing her talk because she sounds kind of like my Mama. She went off an an evil tangent about rice dressing and sea food gumbo, which made me get choked up about missing said Mama. She then promised to make these things for me, which I said I would gladly accept. I didn't mention there was no way her rice dressing and gumbo were as good as my Mama's. No need to point out the obvious.

Related tangent: At our Veterans' Day assembly, out vets wore their dress uniforms, including our coach who was in the Air Force for 20+ years. First of all, I love blues. They just make me happy. I grew up around flight suits and then blues. Second, I kinda miss my Daddy. I got all chocked up, which got worse when one of my girls noticed my eyes watering and yelled out, "Are you CRYING, Miss C.?!" drawing the attention of the entire 7th grade to my little reverie. I forgive her, though, because that resulted in half of the 7th grade coming down on me in one giant hug.

By the way, it's 10:30, I leave the convent at 5:30, and I haven't started packing yet. I'm just that confident in my ability to scramble like a rat... lemer... seagull? Something quick and not embarrassing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww! I can't wait to see you...i may even cook! ;)

Anonymous said...

in related news: there's some mighty fun people from parts around the northeast that are also quite excited to be seeing you...and your family for that matter (provided none of them will be doing any annihilating) including one particular gent who happens to once again resemble an Arab :-P