Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Holiday Spirit Meets Need for Diversion

Alright, the secular holiday season is upon us, and Advent starts on Sunday. This calls for no-holds-barred Christmas spirit on every front. Let's start with the place I spend about half of my waking hours. At present my classroom is very plain. See:



A nice little classroom, but it's as merry as Scrooge's socks. This weekend, my big plan is to jingle-bell my way onto the bus to Target and Walreens to load up on decorative items. My chief emphasis in "decorative items" is lights. With some scrounging and some ingenuity, I plan to transform the above into something more like this:



You may laugh, but I'm not kidding. My design concept is "fire hazard". Don't tell my administration. Only due to constraints of time, talent, and treasure do I stop short of this:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only due to constraints of time, talent, and treasure do I stop short of this:

and, ya know, an engineering degree and a $100,000 in the budget for electricity in your classroom