Friday, October 5, 2007

You Can Tell I've Been Blogging

Is anyone, anywhere, especially in Louisiana, Peru, or south Texas, even remotely surprised to learn this?
Scores of peer-reviewed scientific studies confirm what great philosophers always understood — life without steak, crab, butter, eggs, cheese, and heavy cream is not worth living. (Read the rest of the sharp little article.)
-Crosscut Seattle, via Remnants, via Mark Shea (sheesh...)

Meanwhile, I'm glad I have people like the think-tank on the View around to tell me the truth of my Church. I had no idea that bishops made statements regarding the salvation the souls of those charged to them for sheer publicity. 'Cause, you know, the church might just poof out of existence if we're out of the limelight for too long (our staying power, after all, is just as tenuous as that of Brittany Spears). This was a little gem I found towards the bottom of the transcript, so you Dear Readers needn't actually wade through the whole bog:
BEHAR: We were all raised Catholic here, so this is not some anti-Catholic rant that we're on. This is just factual information.
As we all know, being raised Catholic insulates you from the possibility of making slimy and grievously erroneous remarks about said Church. Worked for all those ex-Catholics.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was raised Catholic too Joy, look what good that did me ;)

-House