Monday, October 15, 2007

Rush Post

Blogger evidently didn't feel the need to warn me my smoke signals to the outside world would be doused at 4 PM PDT. I'm glad I logged on now, rather than after I finished all the work I really ought to be doing right now.

Er... anyway...

Lots to update you on, Dear Readers (all six of you). The reader's digest version:

  • My grandfolks came all the way from Lake Charles to see me. They fed me and got me out of the convent for a while. Saturday was the first night in two months I slept somewhere other than my hospital bed in the old wing of the convent. It was awesome.
  • Speaking of, I've been here two months as of Friday. Frankly, I can't quite get my head around that yet. Maybe when I hit three months I'll have absorbed two months.
  • Sine, one of my great friends from college in Delaware who lives in Boston, was in town this weekend. Random? Quite, but these are my friends we're talking about.
  • Even thought I wouldn't be seeing him anyway, Dad being in Germany makes me miss him more. I don't like not being able to call and text him about every little thing that crosses my mind.
  • Mass at San Fernando Cathedral downtown. Beautiful. Splendid. Glorious. Best mass I've been to in a long, long, long time, in terms of respect for and quality of liturgy.
  • First quarter ends on Friday. This means A) I have a week to cram as many grades as possible into my books and a weekend to clean everything up so it kind of makes sense, and I will be pretty much swamped until then, and B) more importantly, I've been an actual, honest-to-God teacher for nine weeks. What?! Seriously?? No one has caught on to this farce yet?

More on everything... later. There's a five-inch stack of tests calling my name.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can always send me an e-mail. There are days, like today, when I make the effort to drive to a computer to find precisely nothing. Well, nothing from my family. Spam is always plentiful.