Monday, October 22, 2007

Texans are Weenies

...when it comes to "cold" weather. At least, my students are.

It was gray, rainy, and windy in San Antonio today. The high was in the fifties. All around, I will grant that it was rather brisk, but utterly nothing compared to January in the Rockies (or even the 32 degree they're forecasted to hit tonight).

My precious students, however, spent all day saying how cold it was. I heard "It's freeeeezing!" more times than I can count, along with far more squeals than were necessary when a gust of wind came through.

Seriously, Texas? These are the little weenie children you produce? This casts serious doubt on the future of our relationship. And I had been falling so hard...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dad was complaining about the same thing today. The news report showed the DFW locals dressed in heavy winter coats, gloves, ear muffs and scarves for the blistering cold weather. He laughed his best Michigander laugh at the TV.

Just wait for the first wet freeze. Texans don't know how to drive when the roads are iced over. I took driver's education here...and apparently I'm the only person in the state who missed the rule about slamming the breaks when you're going down an icy incline. Apparently violent turns are the best way to regain traction, too.

-Alex

Anonymous said...

dude. why is it colder in texas than delaware. what the eff.

love, your marital partner in snarky bliss,
bec.

Abbye West Pates said...

I am guilty of this weenie-ness, being from South Mississippi at all. I get SO EXCITED when our highs are only in the 50s!! (much better than our 100+ days much of the summer)