Thursday, May 15, 2008

Trapped Under My Schedule. Send Help.

(Alright, I don't really need help. Not more than usual, anyway. I mean, prayers are always appreciated.)

Dear Family and Friends,

I miss you.

Dear Everyone-Outside-of-SJB

Yup, I'm still here.

My routine used to involve about two hours of "free time" after school, which I usually spent taking care of stuff both personal and professional. That left me with a couple hours after dinner to more or less putz around and do things like maintain contact with the outside world.

That was before this crazy idea of starting a drama club began to approach it's zany and somewhat frightening conclusion. We've had practice after school for a while, and with the show less than a week away the practices are longer and more frequent. Theater takes time, people.

Meanwhile, on the community life side of things, every weekend has brought with it some huge event (parades, people visiting from Rome, etc.). It's been terribly exciting, but the side effect is I pretty much have no free time, at all, and won't for a while.

Basically, I'm still alive, but my time and mental energy are totally sapped. By the time I have a moment to read or write anything, all I want to do is sit on my bed like a professionally-attired puddle of protoplasm.

Which is what I'm going to go do now.

No comments: