Friday, May 16, 2008

Is That a Freight Train...?*

I just turned in my last set of lesson plans for the year.  This is a very flat coin with two distinct sides:
 
Heads: Wooooooo hoooooo!! We're almost done!! It's almost summer!!  Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!! (Dance)
 
Tails: (sniffle) I won't be here next year.  I won't teach this kids.  I won't live with these sisters anymore.  (sniffle)  (Cry)
 
It's more or less the emotional equivalent of Red Bull and vodka, which I have never tried because I would like my heart to continue to function normally, but i hear it's a trip.
 
*The title, by the way, is suposed to be a clever play on the "light at the end of the tunnel", referring to the fact that for me the end of the tunnel may involve a meeting with a metal/emotional train

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

::Metallica:: Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your waaaaay ::end Metallica::