Monday, January 7, 2008

It's Dragon Fruit!

In response to the comments on my previous post, I did a little Google research and found out that dragon fruit isn't just a kids shampoo scent that I don't care for (side note: did you know you can buy shampoo on Amazon? What?!) .


It is a prickly, purple-rinded, gray-fleshed fruit. It's pretty good, very mild, not particularly sweet. Apparently some Whole Food stores have it for around $12 a pound. Here's a pretty professional image, much better than the one my cell phone took. Here, the flesh is less gray and the rind is more pink than purple, but the one I ate looked just as it does in my picture.

1 comment:

Sister Brittany said...

I got some of the nasty stuff at Whole Foods. It looked so pretty and tasted so ugly! I dumped the rest of my supply on my Mother Assistant, who claimed that she liked it. I guess I was expecting something semi-cranberry and when I got sesame seed it was too traumatic for me to see its good qualities.