Friday, December 21, 2007

Light Putter-Upper

One of my many titles, and one of which I am quite proud even though I only get to act in that capacity once a year. Now that I'm home, I set right to it.

The target. Our tree this year is big and smelly. Smelly in a good, piney, nature-loving kind of way. It was also naked. No indoor tree should be naked.

The tools. One arm-numbing string at a time, I lovingly wrapped our big ol' naked tree in a cocoon of light.

This is the hardest part of the tree to do, the top half. My left hand held the lights while the right expertly strung them 'round the tree. By this point I'd lost feeling in my right arm, so I took a break to photograph my progress.


The end product, 500 lights later, a glowing tree to be proud of. I retain my title as Light Putter-Upper

No comments: