Friday, December 7, 2007

66 Years Ago


...Pearl Harbor was attacked by the Japanese. 2,388 Americans were killed. I won't go into the rest, you know it, but I would not be my father's daughter if I didn't make some small mention of the day, and in my teensy little manner honor those who fought and died that day, and in all the days the have followed. It's especially important as the number of veteran who were there dwindles each year. This is not an event that should be forgotten.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Mark Manz said...

the last day we were in Hawai'i we went to Pearl Harbor and saw the USS Arizona Memorial. And there was a vet there who had been there during the attack. It was one of the best memories I have of Hawai'i actually. and one of the few times I've seen my dad semi-emotional.