Do forgive the lack of substantial blogging and the abundance of student quotes and links. The next couple of weeks are going to be pretty nutty, and I'm trying to get ahead of the game. To wit:
- Going to Indiana early Friday morning for an orientation/retreat thinger.
- Coming back late Sunday night
- Field trip to Sea World next Tuesday (Hell. Yes.)
- Leaving for Maryland Tuesday evening...
- ...to take Melissa to her dress rehearsal on Wednesday...
- ...to sing for the Holy Father on Thursday!
Anyway, if you do the math, that means of ten school days I'm only teaching five, so I have a boat load of stuff to do to make sure my classes are actually taught something during me extensive absence. I used to think when my teachers missed school, it was just a nice day off for them, but I see now how wrong that is. Getting ready to be out might be more work than being there in the first place, never mind the anxiety about my classes getting off track this close to the end of the year.
But for Notre Dame, Sea World, the Pope, and my family, it's totally worth it.