Wednesday, September 12, 2007

What Was That Whooshing Noise...?

For a change, it was not the sound of a deadline flying past me. Shockingly enough, I've met every deadline that has come at me in the last month.

Oh, that's what that noise was... I've been here a month as of today. School has kept me so busy, I wouldn't have noticed had the janitor not asked me tonight how long I've been in San Antonio.

That about sums it up, actually, I've just been really, really busy. Being a young and socially adept person, I still lament my social life a little and miss my family and friends immensely, but at the same time I have to admit this is probably the best possible set up for me. I'm in my classroom from 7:30 am to 9:oo pm everyday, minus about an hour and a half for supper and clean up. Part of it surely is my long-standing inability to focus except under very particular circumstances, but I think the larger part is that I'm still wet behind the ears and (don't tell Sr. Roseann) actually have no idea what I'm doing 96% of the time. Don't feel too bad for me -- on the first day of school, that was true 100% of the time.

I love it here. I love it here. The sisters are beautiful, my students melt my heart when they're not driving me out of my mind, the community at this school just blows me away, and I really think the sky here is bigger. I'm not kidding. It's huge, and absurdly blue.

A few pictures from these last 31 days.


Sr. Gloria, the one-sister-wonder behind VIDES

Pee-wee Eagles

Bigger Eagles (we won!)

My homeroom kids. :)

No comments: