Saturday, September 29, 2007

Gnome Gnamed!

First of all, many thanks to all of you who participated. Your suggestions were a mix of absurdity an brilliance, and that's the way (uh-hu, uh-hu) I like it. Particular thanks go to Beag Og Bramblefoot over at Gnome Bandits, a wee clever little thing I've added to my sidebar, for both contributing and linking to my post*. 'Preciate it!

Now, the unveiling! I had a hard time picking from the names suggested, probably because I have a hard time deciding between Rice Crispies and Cheerios, or between red and green Gatorade. In fact, I kinda copped out (but that was Erin's idea, she told me to), and found a way to mush almost all the names into one. You know how sometimes people have nick names that have nothing to do with their real names? Andie is a natural derivative of Andrea, but Fish, for example, really has nothing to do with Melissa.

So this is what I've come up with: Lazarus Fiachra Hopkins, who goes by Gnorm. Gnorm and I talked about it, and he likes it. Done and done.

My "gnome son", as Erin put it, Gnorm, ne Lazarus Fiachra Hopkins.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I WON! I WON!

Mark Manz said...

um, Andie...I don't think they make green gatorade. They used to make this one flavor, it was tropical tasting and kind of aqua in color, but it hasn't been around in a while. Just somethin' to think aboot.

Beag Óg Bramblefoot said...

Please send Gnorm my regards and wish him many trips to his birthday tree.