- 7:45 - Rise and drive to Philly to retrieve my beloved cousin from the airport sometime after 9:09. Return to Newark.
- 11:00 - 6:00 - Hang out with Liz and Ana. Try to control progress of the inevitable "freak the heck out".
- 6:00ish - Back to Philly to see my mother
- By 12:00 - Settle my many guests in their air mattresses. Get myself in bed! Hopefully... fat chance...
- 12:00 - 7:00 - Try and probably fail abysmally to sleep.
- 8:00 - Show up at the stadium in ridiculous regalia. Ponder surreal situation I find myself in.
- 9:00 - 11:00ish - Sit and sweat. Ponder the reality of this whole thing. Continue to fend off the inevitable freak out. Walk across the stage and receive a most handsome empty folder.
- 11:00 - 1:00 - Bring my family back to my house. Assure them they will not diseases from anything on the floor. Talk about the surreal situation I find myself in.
- 1:30 - English dept. ceremony. See procedure for 9:00-11:00ish.
- Remainder: more family joy, more eating, continued fending off of inevitable freak out, departure of family, wandering Main St. with all the other seniors and my beloved cousin.
- 9:00 - Depart for Maryland with afore mentioned cousin. Continue to ponder reality of surreal situation.
- 12:00 - Mass at Divine Word
- 3:00 - Fiesta, where in my parents realize they just spent a staggering quantity of money to buy me some really weird friends.
And by the way, this is what started the spiral to the inevitable freak out: