Monday, July 14, 2008

Why I love my sister

So, y'all know how I'm slightly obsessed with my sister?  This kind of thing is why.  She's starting 5th grade in the fall (ugh, too old...), and she wrote me an e-mail in better English than most high school sophomores would be able to (her spelling and punctuation need work, but her syntax and spelling are perfect), correctly using the phrases "rather addicting", "for instance", and "thus".  She's ten!  I love this kid!

"The button" she refers to is the chat option on Gmail, and the rest refers to my express banning of the use of this "Baby Net Yak" when she writes to me.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Melissa
Date: Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 9:55 AM
Subject: it works!
To: Sissie


first things first, the button is by yer name. also, do not be surprised if i write the way you forbid me to. me and my friends use it and call it BABY NET YAK! BNY is rather addicting, thus i must watch myself. i know what you're thinking, why baby? because we write like babies. for instance.....
 
 
 maddie would say,
webcinz iznt uvalibl in vis hows!!!
 
 Translated: Webkinz isn't available in this house!!!
 
i would reply,
 
 u coodnt get 2 webkinz efer? GET A NOO COMPOOTER!
i wont translate!
 
see what i mean?
 
 
 
                                                                                 love,
                                                                                     melissa
 
P.S. Do you know what movie 'okeday' is from? i read it in a book, and the the main character said it was from a movie.

No comments: